Which skincare products to store in beauty fridge
In addition to your organised vanity and shelfs showcasing skincare products, comes the beauty fridge - a.k.a. fridge to store your skincare products that like to stay chill. Tiny refrigerators still make us think of six-packs — but now, it's a six-pack of sheet masks.
Chill skincare has had its deep roots in Asian skincare for centuries - in particular, Korean and Japanese skincare routines. Keeping skincare in beauty fridge has a plenty of benefits. Aside from prolonging the shelf life of your products (like Vitamin C, Retinol and other serums), it also improves the absorption of skincare products into the skin, whilst calming and soothing it (say goodbye to puffy eyes).
What should you store in SKYŃ Beauty Fridge?
- DIY SKINCARE: Now, all the hard work you put into recreating those DIY Pinterest skincare products can last much longer! Since you are probably not using any preservatives in it, beauty fridge will regulate the temperature and keep bacterial growth at bay.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Skincare products with high concentration of active ingredients - such as Vitamin C, Retinol, Benzoyl Peroxide tend to break when exposed to direct sunlight and heat.
- SHEET MASKS / EYE MASKS: The cooling effects are sure to help with de-puffing and minimising irritation on your skin, reducing excess facial fluid. No matter what the purposes are for either refreshing, tightening, brightening or hydrating, storing these masks in the fridge will enhance their benefits. Definitely do the same with your eye mask patches, making them ultra-cooling and de-puffing.
- PROBIOTICS: Any products that do contain live probiotic cultures most likely were stored in a fridge at the time of purchase - which is also a good indication that they should stay in a fridge. In order to keep this ‘good’ bacteria healthy, we recommend keeping them in their happy ecosystem - a cold fridge. Also, most all-natural beauty products without preservatives like parabens, would benefit from keeping cool, given that they have a shorter shelf life.
- SKINCARE TOOLS: Maximise the benefits of your facial rollers in the fridge to help boost their de-puffing effects on the skin. When used for facial massage the cool, smooth surface helps encourage lymph drainage and brighten the complexion by boosting the circulation and blood flow beneath the skin granting a visible glow.
- ALOE VERA-BASED PRODUCTS: Products with Aloe Vera or the Aloe Vera plant itself will last longer in the fridge, experience the healing benefits of Aloe with a cooling and soothing sensation.